Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tid-Bits: "OCCUPADO."

Setting: dirty nasty gas station in Green River, WY.
Time: December 31, 2013, about 2 pm. Or 14.00. Whatever tickles your fancy.
Hero: Yours truly.
Villain: A trash can and my lack of grace.
Plot: Read on.

My family and I were making the trek to Rexburg, ID by car. At this point in time, I was still in a cast for my broken wrist. I was driving one car with all of my junk and my mother, who is not junk, in the passenger side. (She's really a lovely lady. Her value is above that of rubies.)

As I was driving, I managed to drip a considerable amount of Squirt soda pop down the inside of my cast, making for an uncomfortably sticky situation. We stopped for gas in Green River, and I took it as an excellent opportunity to clean my arm. I made my way into the rest room, where I removed my cast, (it was made to be removable so I could wash my hands. Yay, hygiene!) As I was gently scrubbing the sticky pop off of my wrist, some antsy Nancy started to pound on the door. I said "just a moment." Hoping that she would back off. She kept pounding, so I said, a little louder "occupied!" and I went to dry my arm. This impatient Polly kept pounding on the door. I was getting annoyed, so I just gritted my teeth and got around to putting my cast on. I went about outing my cast back on and throwing away he paper towels.

This wouldn't be a Brynne story if something strange didn't happen. As I threw away the paper towels, I managed to throw myself away as well, i.e. I fell. I fell face first into the nasty gas station bathroom garbage can. I was about waist deep trying to claw my way out with anxious Annie pounding louder and faster on the door. I thought to myself 'maybe she doesn't speak English.' So I began to yell "OCCUPADO" over and over again.

I tipped over the trash can and wiggled out, absolutely disgusted by the situation, and went back to the sink to give myself a 'bath' of sorts, when what I really needed was an acid bath. The pounding Patricia finally went away as I continued to wash myself clean, but NOTHING could make me feel clean after that situation.

I'm still trying to wash away all of the germs.

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment