Thursday, January 9, 2014

Is This How Normal People Live?

     Yesterday was a day out of the norm. I didn't fall, I didn't break anything, I didn't meet a gun-toting hunchback and most importantly, I didn't get injured. I spent the entire day completely paranoid just waiting for something to happen, but it didn't.

     It was so strange. I didn't know what to make of it.  I just went through my day without anything to make me extraordinary. It felt so odd. After living life the way I do, it was so unexpected and strange to have a day where nothing went wrong.

     Being Brynne, I always smile at everyone on the street and say 'hi' to those whom I come into contact with. Yesterday's lack of injuries made me smile more, though. My cheeks hurt something awful, but I didn't stop. Yes, I got weird looks from people, and yes, I did look like a bit of a goof, but I was a deliriously cheerful goof.

     I actually celebrated my normal day by getting pizza for all of my roommates. (Pizza is so better than cake for celebrations.)

     Is this how other people live? Because it is most excellent. Yes, I did miss my stories and the craziness that is my life, but I enjoyed the reprieve. My one normal day was sunshine and lollipops and I enjoyed it.

     I apologize for the lame post, but I was flabbergasted by how amazing normalcy is.

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment