Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Facts of Life

        I figured there is nothing better to introduce myself than by giving you a taste what my reality consists of. At the moment, it consists of sitting on my bed while being alone in my apartment attempting to not fall asleep in my cozy bed. I'm combating that by clicking in between the blog, and a photo of Donatella Versace. The shock of seeing that jolts me back awake and all is well once more.

        Although, my life is not always this simple. Often times, my life has consisted of many odd experiences. I swear, Heavenly Father recognized the fact that I am a dry person and gave me these experiences to help me make friends. As queer as my life may seem, I am ever grateful for it. There's no other circumstances I would rather be living in than my own.
     
        Lately, I've had the opportunity to share some of my stories with different people. The trigger for that was auditioning for the BYU-Idaho talent show.

       I dabble in improv comedy and frequently do character bits onstage. I've become tired of having to be a character in order to get applause, so I auditioned by telling the stories of my life. Only a few, mind you, or else I would have trapped those poor judges watching me for hours. Maybe even days.

       In all honesty, I was not expecting to get in the show. I tried out for the fun of it and to get my name out there, but little did I know it would lead to people stopping me on campus asking to take photos with me. That's never happened to me before out of character because a) I'm just Brynne, and b) I'm really not even that good-looking. 

        After having people ask to record and post me telling my stories, I decided I'm beat them to it and post them on a blog. That's this blog if you weren't aware...

        Seeing as this is the introductory post, I won't post a story yet, but I'll leave you lingering there, waiting for more, for probably the next five minutes until I type out the first story.

        Just kidding. I recognize the fact that my mom is the only one reading this and I know she has stuff to do. Mom, I'll post a story soon and let you know, Thanks for being my #1 and only fan. If I could have chosen anyone to have birthed me, it still would have been you.

-B

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Brynne, I appreciate that you would have chosen me to birth you. Would you have allowed me the pain meds that the anesthesiologist on call - who chose to sleep through his pages - was supposed to give to me? That would have been really swell & extremely thoughtful & humane, as well. I STILL would have chose to birth you, pain or no pain. You are just THAT kind of a kid - a keeper! Love, Mom.... ummm..... there are a LOT of people who are STRANGERS reading your blog. That makes me kind of nervous. Lock your windows & doors. Again, Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just 2 hot 2 handle, mom. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 you and am glad your my cousin! hehehe

    ReplyDelete